Dinner Darlings’ Most Popular Recipe
Drumroll please… Here is the most requested recipe of 2019.
You asked for it and here it is. Our Facebook group of more than 6,000 members has spoken. And the favorite recipe of the year is…
Salsa Verde Chicken
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde, or larger
- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the salsa verde into the dish and coat evenly.
- Brush the chicken with oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken into the salsa verde and bake until cooked through, 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the oven and heat the broiler.
- Top with cheese, pop back in the oven, and broil for about 2 minutes, or until melted.
- Squeeze lime over chicken and top with cilantro. Serve over white rice, brown rice or cauli rice, in a wrap, on a salad or by itself.
This can also be put in the crockpot on low for 6 hours and shredded to make tacos. The possibilities really are endless. I had NEVER had salsa verde until I tried this recipe a few years ago, and now I use it on everything. I hope you enjoy!
Original Source: delish.com